Mrs. Meyer’s 4th, 5th, and 6th grade classes learned about the First Thanksgiving this week. To end the unit, each class held a “Friendsgiving”. Each student brought in an item(s) off the list and helped make a “Thanksgiving Mix”. All of the items used in the mix represented something of importance to the First Thanksgiving. We learned that one of the items on the list, candy corn, is very hard to find this time of year. We had to improvise a little and used circus peanuts and corn chips in their place for a couple of the classes.
Mrs. Meyer would like to thank all of the parents who sent items to help with the celebration and would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
- 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade Social Studies Classes Attend Virtual Field Trip and Make Butter
- Elementary Students Receive PAWS Awards for 2019-2020 School Year
- 6th Grade Learns About Photosynthesis
- 4th Grade Science Class Creates Astronaut Tool
- 5th grade science class creates rafts using the design process